[Nix-dev] NixOS 16.03 branch-off time in 10 days

Domen Kožar domen at dev.si
Fri Feb 19 20:47:03 CET 2016

On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 1:01 PM, Thomas Strobel <
4ZKTUB6TEP74PYJOPWIR013S2AV29YUBW5F9ZH2F4D5UMJUJ6S at hash.domains> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> what about branching off 16.03 by merging the closure-size branch, and
> then taking the commit just before the merge as 16.03? That way it would
> force us to really take the closure-size branch in.

At the time we branch off 16.03, closure-size may be in bad state. I don't
want to tie these two events are they're really not relevant in terms of
workflow.

Anything that might potentially delay the release is something I'm not
looking forward to if not necessary.

Having said that, I'm sure a lot of people will be happy if that merged
that happens ASAP after the branch off so I'm confident it will happen.

Domen