[Nix-dev] Installing CA certificates

Adam Russell adamlr6 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 14:53:02 CET 2016

Hello Nix-Dev,

I'm trying to understand how to install CA certificates in NixOS.

If I visit my work's webmail in Chromium, I get an indicator that my
connection is not private. Clicking the padlock icon in the address bar,
then the "Certificate information" link in the Connection tab, going to the
"Details" tab, and clicking "Export" allows me to download a certificate.

The text in this export is what I am supposed to put in the array in
`security.pki.certificates` option of `/etc/nixos/configuration.nix`,
correct? Am I missing something?

The documentation I am using is at:
https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/blob/6e6a96d42cf56cfcd042bbeab89e37f442f0cfcc/nixos/modules/security/ca.nix#L39-L45

Does the text above the equal signs have any significance ("NixOS.org" in
the example), or is it just a comment?

Thanks,
-Adam