[Nix-dev] CVE-2015-7547 stdenv-changing fix merged on master and 15.09

Shea Levy shea at shealevy.com
Tue Feb 16 17:55:54 CET 2016

Hi all,

Nathan Zadoks has offered to allow users to download the new glibc from
his hydra while we wait for hydra.nixos.org to catch up. To fetch it, as
root run:

# nix-store -r /nix/store/5fbwy40pa4pqr97jdgbyaal1y1ns6hb1-glibc-2.21
--option binary-caches https://code.nathan7.eu/hydra --option
binary-cache-public-keys
colossus.nathan7.eu:4iYLGVtL9WTE0OXgPQgQex0BIYopHxFuIYTERQ0dhCc=

Obviously this assumes you trust his hydra to be providing a real
result!

You can then add this line to your configuration.nix:

> system.replaceRuntimeDependencies = [ ({ original = pkgs.glibc;
> replacement = builtins.storePath
> /nix/store/5fbwy40pa4pqr97jdgbyaal1y1ns6hb1-glibc-2.21; }) ];

and do a nixos-rebuild against the channel to get a secured system
until the channel is updated.

Regards,
Shea