[Nix-dev] Wiki is dead

zimbatm zimbatm at zimbatm.com
Sun Feb 14 22:15:12 CET 2016

Thanks Eelco !

Check this out: http://nixos-wiki-test.zimbatm.com/Main_Page/

It's a conversion to Markdown, a Jekyll template with the nixos-homepage
css, all hosted on github. The idea is that people can still edit the wiki
but have to submit a PR to introduce changes. It's a bit more work for us
but it also means that we can keep the spammers at bay and monitor the
quality of the submissions.

Obviously it's not perfect, this is just a prototype. There are issues with
the links, navigation and some pages are missing. There also questions as
how to integrate with the rest of nixos.org.

The nice thing about that approach is that we can re-run the import any
time until it's ready.
But before I invest more time, do you think it's a path worth pursuing ?
Also what would be required for this to be considered "ready" ?

Link to repo: https://github.com/zimbatm/nixos-wiki-test/