[Nix-dev] Revert `nixos-rebuild switch --profile-name test`

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 11:05:17 CET 2016

On 02/08/2016 09:34 AM, Daniel Hlynskyi wrote:
> 1. How can I remove named system profile?

They are just symlinks. You can simply delete or create them as any files.

> 2. How to find out used space for given GC root?

Determining size of closure of some root(s) is relatively easy:
nix-store -qR /path/to/the/roots | xargs du -sc
Of course, that's only the upper bound on the amount of
newly-unreachable space in case you delete the root(s).

--Vladimir