[Nix-dev] Chromium feedback

aszlig aszlig at redmoonstudios.org
Mon Feb 1 22:22:17 CET 2016

On Mon, Feb 01, 2016 at 08:16:27PM +0000, Tony wrote:
> Thanks Luca! That is very generous of you. I have a pretty beastly
> machine here so builds don't take all day but I would like to know if
> anyone is using chromium dev and beta in nixpkgs and if so why? I
> would really like to see them gone.

I can also provide you access to my Hydra for building Chromium.

And I'm still using beta on a daily basis and use it for
plugin/extension development, so I'd rather not like to see them gone.

Also, keeping the dev and beta channels in there makes it actually
easier to maintain (at least while I was still maintaining it), because
you can prepare for upstream changes before they're released as stable.

a!
--
aszlig
Universal dilettante