[Nix-dev] Usability: Nixpkg > NixOS

zimbatm zimbatm at zimbatm.com
Sat Dec 17 18:44:09 CET 2016

I'm impressed at the community response on my borderly trollish email :)

It doesn't look like we can agree on an entry point to the ecosystem as
everyone here has different opinions. On the other hand, presenting all the
options upfront is also intimidating to the newcomer.

So maybe the solution is to have multiple landing pages, each catering to
another subset of the users. Either with multiple domains or by re-thinking
the current NixOS.org page so it forwards people correctly.