[Nix-dev] Reproducibility testing in Hydra

Profpatsch mail at profpatsch.de
Wed Dec 14 09:01:12 CET 2016

On 16-12-13 02:09pm, Eelco Dolstra wrote:
> Currently, out of 36550 build steps in a full NixOS evaluation, only 4699
> (12.8%) were detected as non-deterministic. (Note that Hydra can only detect the
> presence of non-determinism, not its absence). Here is the full list:

This is a major milestone for reproducibility in general,
since we probably have the most automation of any distro
as well as a very solid base build environment.

I’d encourage all maintainers to carry the problems
upstream whenever possible, instead of falling back
to nixpkgs-local workarounds.

--
Proudly written in Mutt with Vim on NixOS.
A: http://five.sentenc.es