[Nix-dev] Extra dependencies for Steam games?

Nikolay Amiantov ab at fmap.me
Mon Dec 12 22:15:48 CET 2016

On 12/12/2016 11:28 PM, Mike Cooper wrote:
> Unfortunately, it didn't seem to have worked. I tried adding mesa, which
> seems to contain the missing library) to each of commonTargetPkgs and
> multipkgs in turn, but neither makes the error when launching the game
> go away.

You should never need to add mesa to Steam; this points that something
else is going wrong.

I've seen an error like this recently while trying to run a stand-alone
game which clears LD_LIBRARY_PATH prior to run. This makes it fail with
funny errors like "Cannot find libz"; maybe you have a similar case?
Look how the game is started; in my case I had a shell script which ran
the actual binary with `LD_LIBRARY_PATH=. exec`. Modify this to be
`LD_LIBRARY_PATH=.:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH exec` and you're set.

Also, just in case -- does `glxgears` work for you?

--
Nikolay.