[Nix-dev] Nixos vps

Thomas Hunger tehunger at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 12:04:52 CET 2016

I tested various mechanisms and cloud providers over the last few weeks.
All providers I tested worked, although I often got less CPU than
advertised . Some combinations didn't work, e.g. I can't boot grsecurity
kernels on EC2. I'm sure the latter is possible, I just didn't have time to
investigate.

For installation I found nixos-infect [1] to be the best solution. It uses
obadz' undocumented NIXOS_LUSTRATE feature [2].

~

[1]
https://github.com/elitak/nixos-infect/blob/master/nixos-infect

[2]