[Nix-dev] Hydra.nixos.org: new EPERM errors

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 13:21:55 CET 2016

Hi Eelco & Rob! (or who else co-maintains the build farm)

Recently I see new EPERM errors in check-phases of some packages on
staging, and apparently the problems aren't "caused" by any nixpkgs
commits but by the build slaves themselves, perhaps some change in the
way nix sets up chroots in there.

I could never reproduce the problems locally (I don't run very new
nix-daemon), but on Hydra they seem to always happen.  Any idea about
what exactly causes them?  It might be best to resolve that nix setting
instead of tweaking tests of individual packages...

Examples:
http://hydra.nixos.org/job/nixpkgs/staging/go_bootstrap.x86_64-linux
http://hydra.nixos.org/job/nixpkgs/staging/libuv.x86_64-linux

--Vladimir