[Nix-dev] ImageMagick and xwd

Roni Choudhury aichoudh at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 05:35:23 CET 2016

Hi Eike-

You have to let *convert* know the image type coming in on stdin:

    *xwd -root | convert xwd:- screenshot.jpg*

You may also be interested to know about the *import* command, which comes
with ImageMagick:

    *import -window root screenshot.png*

That command will take a screenshot and automatically convert to an output
format based on the file extension you choose.

Hope this helps,

roni