[Nix-dev] 6 month C4 adoption period

Moritz Ulrich moritz at tarn-vedra.de
Wed Aug 31 15:11:48 CEST 2016

stewart mackenzie <setori88 at gmail.com> writes:

> Why is it like pulling teeth getting a simple pull request into nixpkgs?

Because I had questions about this Pull Request. The size of the diff is
what could be described as "simple", but the implications weren't clear
to me. Your answers weren't satisfactory here, as it didn't seem that
you thought of the consequences either.

Other than that, you were just rude to people, and looking at this
thread, you still are.

You demand from us to merge your changes without thinking twice, and now
you're trying to undermine the work people are putting into this open
source project.

> Something is _very_very_ broken people.

What? If you write a detail on this we can start fixing it.

> Can we please fix this asap? No I don't want to hear bullshit reasons
> about keeping X Y Z maintainer's powers.

Fix what? Who is talking about anyone keeping/removing "maintainer
power" (I suppose push-access to nixpkgs)?