[Nix-dev] Including "beta" or "unstable" identifiers in package names?

Daniel Hlynskyi abcz2.uprola at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 05:40:33 CEST 2016

Another solution is to abandon parsing of derivation name and include
"meta" to derivation. Then the name and version representations can be
included as meta.name and meta.version in whichever format is liked by
maintainer.

mkDerivation can do name = "${meta.name}-${meta.version}" itself.

Meta should be saved in DB or .drv files.

How much should be done in Nix to allow this?