[Nix-dev] 6 month C4 adoption period

Sergiu Ivanov sivanov at colimite.fr
Tue Aug 30 02:09:03 CEST 2016

Hello,

Thus quoth  stewart mackenzie  at 01:28 on Di, Aug 30 2016:

> due to multiple causes, but the latest straw on the camel's back is
> this pull request: https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/pull/18101

If you want any policy adopted, I suppose you should provide clear
argumentation, including listing the problems that this new policy
should solve.  You should also explain what this new policy is supposed
to change with respect to the way things work right now.

Unfortunately, your arguments now look a lot like messages of
frustration (which I can understand), but I hope you can also understand
that that does not look like enough justification for an adoption of a
policy by an entire community.

--
Sergiu