[Nix-dev] Package a Simple Python Script

Roland Koebler rk-list at simple-is-better.org
Sun Aug 28 02:39:35 CEST 2016

Hi,

> I am trying to package adb-sync [0], which is essentially a Python
> script.  I can easily write a default.nix taking this script from the
> source directory and putting it into $out/bin (cf. attached file).  I
> have some trouble with this approach though: the _runtime_ dependencies
> (Python and Android SDK) are not installed.
Have you tried to use "propagatedBuildInputs" instead of "buildInputs"?

See: https://nixos.org/nixpkgs/manual/#sec-python

    As in Perl, dependencies on other Python packages can be specified
    in the buildInputs and propagatedBuildInputs attributes. If
    something is exclusively a build-time dependency, use buildInputs;
    if it’s (also) a runtime dependency, use propagatedBuildInputs.

Roland