[Nix-dev] Sbtix - SBT project builder

Matan Shenhav matan at fluxcraft.net
Sat Aug 27 17:29:51 CEST 2016

Yes! Awesome stuff. Our team is currently setting up a development environment, and this will come in handy!

How does this project stand in relation to Sbt2nix?

 * * * * *

Matan Bendix Shenhav
Chief Science Officer
Fluxcraft
+358 (0)45 6 135 315

---- On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 13:13:24 -0700 Teo Klestrup Röijezon<teo at nullable.se> wrote ----

Hi,

Lately I've been working on a project to help build SBT projects with Nix: https://github.com/teozkr/Sbtix.

Currently it provides some basic project boilerplate and downloads your project dependencies for you (like Bundix), but it would be nice to have it also download, say, your SBT plugins and the pinned SBT version. Those are currently not handled, since the current (hacky) way of discovering all SBT projects in the build does not find build projects.

It's also pretty invasive at the moment, since it requires you to replace SBT's native Ivy dependency resolver with Coursier. In most cases it should be a drop-in replacement, but naturally I'm sure there are edge cases I haven't thought of.

Do you guys think this is something worth pursuing further?

// Teo