[Nix-dev] Problems while packaging Lumina Desktop on NixOS

Shell Turner cam.turn at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 22:13:02 CEST 2016

On 20 August 2016 at 20:03, Anderson Torres
<torres.anderson.85 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, Nixers!
>
> I am porting Lumina Desktop on NixOS[1]. After some hard work, it is
> building fine, but I can't run it. When I tested it on a qemu vm, the
> command start-lumina-desktop barfs:
>
> `QCoreApplication::applicationDirPath: Please instantiate the
> QApplication object first`
>
> Can you help me, please?

Reading Lumina's source code, it appears it only calls that function
before creating a QApplication if DISPLAY isn't set. Basically - you
have to run Lumina from inside an X session to avoid that, attempting
to have it start one itself seems to have a bug.