[Nix-dev] Evince Rendering issues

Nikolay Amiantov ab at fmap.me
Thu Aug 18 10:58:02 CEST 2016

The bug also shows on zathura with poppler (a PDF renderer engine that
is used in okular, too) backend, but mupdf (another engine) doesn't have
it. This seems like a poppler's bug. If you say that Fedora doesn't have
it then either they have a different version or custom patches (which we
can try to use), or something different is going on...

On 08/18/2016 03:43 AM, laverne wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running KDE on NixOS 16.03. I use Okular as my PDF viewer and have a PDF that is not rendering correctly. I have tried both okular-15.12.3 (Okular 0.24.2) and okular-4.14.3 (Okular 0.20.3). Some PDFs render fine, but I have attached one that does not. The white ovals along the left-hand side should have text in them and each of the arrows should have a number by them. If I upload this file to Google Drive, the text is visible. They also display fine under Okular 0.22.0 Fedora 22.
>
> Can others confirm this behavior? Does it seem like a NixOS specific bug or should it be reported upstream?
>
> Thanks,
> Laverne Schrock

Nikolay.