[Nix-dev] Help with PR: libuv update

Tobias Pflug tobias.pflug at gmx.net
Thu Apr 28 07:58:38 CEST 2016

Hi,

I am looking for some help with my PR which updates libuv to the most recent version:

https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/pull/14973

I want to introduce nodejs 6.0.0 which needs libuv 1.9.0 and I am blocked by this. The PR will always fail with travis because nox-review needs too long. I tried it locally where some (very outdated) nodejs packages will fail during node-gyp build.

I have already proposed that the various nodejs libraries that we maintain should be removed and tools should be separate packages. I already started with a PR that extracts npm2nix and more will follow.

Would it thus be OK to go ahead and merge the libuv update? If not what is the alternative?

Thanks in advance.
- Tobi

Sent from my iPhone