[Nix-dev] Specifying timezone in systemd timer config startAt

4levels 4levels at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 13:55:40 CEST 2016

Hi Nix-devs,

is it possible to have the startAt attribute take a given timezone in
account?

Currently I'm running all servers in UTC (as one server can serve projects
in different timezones) and I handle the timezone offsets in the
application logic.  However, this renders my startAt lines in my timer
configs pretty useless as eg. 5:30 AM doesn't take in account the current
project's timezone.  I need certain timers to run at night according to the
local timezone, not at 5:30 UTC)

I can speficfy the server's timezone via time.timeZone based on it's
physical location, but than I'm afraid I will run into various issues when
dealing with other timezones from the same server in the application logic.

Kind regards,

Erik aka 4levels