[Nix-dev] Separate repository for autogenerated lists of urls and hashes

Freddy Rietdijk freddyrietdijk at fridh.nl
Sun Apr 24 19:33:47 CEST 2016

Autogenerating packages is one step further. But it would be nice if there
was one source where you could get more of such data from. Maybe
https://libraries.io/ some day?

To come back to the main topic, autogenerated lists in Nixpkgs. I could
imagine it would be nice if we would have also, next to `pkgs` and `lib`, a
`srcs`. This you could use to select the source archive of a package for a
certain version. For example, `src = fetchurl
srcs.github.${name}.${version}` or `src = fetchurl
srcs.pypi.${name}.${version} but also `meta = srcs.pypi.${name}.meta`.