[Nix-dev] Accessing files in derivations.

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 12:16:00 CEST 2016

On 04/20/2016 10:20 AM, Guillaume Maudoux (Layus) wrote:
> If providing default outputs is just a question of symlinking attributes
> to existing derivations, the following (pseudo)code would do, right ?

Yes, something like that would work in most cases. It would redirect
incorrectly in cases where e.g. man location is overridden by setting
outputMan variable - that's why I said the related selection code would
have to be moved from a builder hook (written in bash) to the evaluation
level (written in nix).

--Vladimir