[Nix-dev] Two libGL installed at the same time

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 13:59:09 CEST 2016

Hi.

On 04/14/2016 01:38 PM, Bruno d'Arcangeli wrote:
> On Arch, i can't install two libGL (one for nvidia and one for intel).
> But it is possible with gentoo (with eselect opengl set x).
> Is it possible with nixos?

The word "install" is a bit tricky around Nix(OS). What you want most
likely won't work out of the box, but I expect it won't be difficult to
achieve with NixOS.

How libGL works here: we build all packages against mesa's libGL, but we
assume that during runtime $LD_LIBRARY_PATH contains libGL suitable for
that particular system. NixOS setups symlinks in
/run/opengl-driver{,-32} for that purpose and points LD_LIBRARY_PATH to
there. The actual contents depends on the driver you choose in
configuration.nix (that also handles corresponding X modules, kernel
drivers, etc.)

--Vladimir