[Nix-dev] ANN: closure-size hitting master

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 10:40:25 CEST 2016

On 04/13/2016 10:32 AM, stewart mackenzie wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 4:02 PM, Vladimír Čunát <vcunat at gmail.com> wrote:
>> What kind of numbers? (on what?)
>
> numbers on closure size reduction

When I measured a few months ago, I came with these nice examples:
– gtk2 libs: 520 -> 120 MB, compared to 15.09
– firefox: 660 -> 240 MB

These went well, as I had gone through the whole closure of the packages
and managed to split each without much work per-package.

Hydra shows graphs of closure size evolving over time for each job, but
there the problem is that it measures the closure of all outputs *together*.