[Nix-dev] few questions before migrating from Debian…

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 10:00:55 CEST 2016

On 04/09/2016 09:59 PM, Saša Janiška wrote:
>> I wouldn't recommend NixOS to non-developers, our stable releases are
>> still a lot less stable than Debian testing.
>
> In which sense is that ’less stability’ manifested?

It's these various quirks, I believe. Mostly less important edge cases.
They come from having much less testers and contributors than Debian
(for example) and from deviating on some commonly assumed points, e.g.
shared directories for all plugins on the system.

On the other hand, once you have a working system, you can easily roll
back to it if something goes wrong... I agree with NixOS it's still
better that there is a power-user maintainer, but that *is* your case.

--Vladimir