[Nix-dev] hackage2nix configuration is now part of Nixpkgs

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Tue Sep 8 22:40:51 CEST 2015

Hi folks,

I recently added the file "configuration-hackage2nix.yaml" to Nixpkgs [1]
which you can edit ...

 - to control which version of a package we use by default,

 - to control which additional older package versions we ship,

 - to add yourself as meta.maintainer of a Haskell package in order to
   receive build status notifications from hydra.nixos.org, and

 - to enable or disable Hydra builds of packages on certain platforms.

Changes in this file influence the automatic automatic hackage2nix
re-generation process [2] and will be reflected in the Nixpkgs "master"
branch within a day or two after the modification was pushed.

Best regards,
Peter

[1] https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/blob/master/pkgs/development/haskell-modules/configuration-hackage2nix.yaml
[2] http://lists.science.uu.nl/pipermail/nix-dev/2015-April/016912.html