[Nix-dev] error in unpack-bootstrap-tools.sh

Ericson, John john_ericson at brown.edu
Fri Oct 30 16:56:29 CET 2015

`unshare -urm` should do the trick if you have it. Also check if `man 2
unshare` describes a CLONE_NEWUSR flag. `man 7 user_namespaces` is also a
good resource.

Root has been able to make containers for far longer on Linux, so the
availability of LXC does not mean so much.

Sorry for not CC'ing the list in my initial reply.

John