[Nix-dev] Issue with switch --upgrade

4levels 4levels at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 15:28:55 CEST 2015

Hi Nix Devs,

since today I'm always running into the following error when running
nixos-rebuild switch --upgrade:

error: some substitutes for the outputs of derivation
‘/nix/store/q5wlvv6xrdi366hq0c9qd6ajzizqfix8-linux-3.18.22.drv’ failed
(usually happens due to networking issues); try ‘--fallback’ to build
derivation from source

I can see the command downloading the kernel package without problems, but
everytime it ends with the error message above.

Providing the --fallback parameter does trigger a manual build of the
kernel, but this is quiet a lengthy process, especially since I run nixos
in a rather small VM.

Is there anything wrong with the binary package?

Kind regards,

Erik aka 4levels