[Nix-dev] AgdaStdlib Doesn't install

Taeer Bar-Yam tb442 at cornell.edu
Sun Oct 4 02:22:00 CEST 2015

Assumption I: Check. Putting in bad syntax to configuration.nix results in
an error from nixos-rebuil
Assumption II: I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "check under
test_profile"
The directory at `nix-build --no-out-link "<nixpkgs>" -A AgdaStdlib` has a
share/agda directory, which I think is what you're looking for.
Assumption III: I have succeeded in installing other packages. (e.g. emacs)
With this syntax. There is an emacs folder in /run/current-system/sw/share/
putting "42" in that same place does result in an error.
Assumption IV: I'm not sure how this works. Where is all-packages.nix? I
switched to the unstable branch with nix-channel, but that should be a
user-level change, right? Not system-level.
Assumption V: nixos-rebuild switch changes what I have installed. That
should rule out that problem, no?

Thanks for the help. Any other things that could be going wrong?