[Nix-dev] Feature request: replace the Darwin stdenv with the pure Darwin stdenv

Daniel Peebles pumpkingod at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 16:26:59 CEST 2015

If nobody objects, I think we should just switch over. The only people
interested in maintaining the darwin ecosystem on Nix don't really want to
have to maintain two parallel stdenvs, and unless someone stands up to
fight for the old impure stdenv, I think everyone will be long-term better
off with the pure one. Yes, there will be some short- and medium-term pain
during the switch, but there already is with the El Capitan upgrade.