[Nix-dev] Statically linking haskell executable

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Fri Oct 2 08:35:18 CEST 2015

Hi Arseniy,

 > Trying to compile and statically link haskell project executable.

I've added some comments to the user's guide that I hope to be useful:

  https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/blob/master/doc/haskell-users-guide.md#creating-statically-linked-binaries

 > /nix/store/kxf1p7l7lgm6j5mjzkiwcwzc98s9f1az-binutils-2.23.1/bin/ld: cannot find -lgthread-2.0

We don't build static libraries by default, and these error message look
like those system libraries just don't exist in static form. Maybe
compiling gtk with "dontDisableStatic = true" isn't enough to accomplish
that?

Best regards,
Peter