[Nix-dev] NixOS 15.09 released

Domen Kožar domen at dev.si
Thu Oct 1 00:18:24 CEST 2015

Hi all,

NixOS community is proud to announce the third NixOS stable release "Dingo"
15.09.

There are no words to describe how much I'm proud and thankful to each one
of you contributing to this release. We had 14064 commits from 438
contributors in this release (31% increase since last release that had 333).

The release brings many improvements including Nix 1.10 and many packages
updates. See
http://hydra.nixos.org/build/26476442/download/2/nixos/release-notes.html#sec-release-15.09

ISO images, VirtualBox images and EC2 AMIs can be downloaded from:

http://nixos.org/nixos/download.html

NixOS manual is at http://nixos.org/nixos/manual/ (it will take another day
to sync)

Fresh installation can be done by following "Installation chapter" in the
manual:

http://nixos.org/nixos/manual/index.html#sec-installation

Upgrading existing NixOS installations:

    $ nix-channel --add https://nixos.org/channels/nixos-15.09 nixos
    $ nixos-rebuild switch --upgrade

Report any issues to the bug tracker on
https://github.com/NixOS/nixos/issues

Thank you all for being involved and hope to see you at the conference!

http://conf.nixos.org/

PS: note that according to our policy, 14.12 is now unmaintained (we'll
still backport *only critical* security updates)