[Nix-dev] How to create rootfs for any target system

rohit yadav rohityadav7787 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 20:48:03 CET 2015

Hi All,

I have never dealt with the above problem. I am interested in understanding
how the rootfs works and how to create one from scratch for any given
operating system (I believe the tools would be different for each of them).
The simplest would be start with iso image of the distro, I am particularly
interested in creating NixOS image for Docker, Systemd-Nspawn
(NixOS-containers) and LXC containers. There are few docker images
available on docker hub but I could not use them to create what I need. I
need to have rootfs, which when booted up would have gluster or nfs or
sshfs to mount /nix/store from a specific IP address.

Thanks,
Rohit