[Nix-dev] Replace module options

Nicolas Pierron nicolas.b.pierron at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 17:53:04 CET 2015

Hi,

Unfortunately, this is one of the current limitation of the module system.
This is can be implemented quickly, but as of today I did not faced
enough uses cases to decide what was the proper granularity for it.

So, I would appreciate if you can describe in more details what you
are trying to achieve, and what module within NixOS is causing you
some trouble.

On Sun, Nov 29, 2015 at 4:12 PM, Игорь Пашев <pashev.igor at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> Is there a way to exclude some NixOS module from evaluation
> and put my module instead? That is, NixOS defines services.foo
> and I want to use my own service.foo.
>
> I'm not sure it's a good idea, at least I can use a namespace (service.my.foo)
> or give my service a fancy name.

Nicolas Pierron
http://www.linkedin.com/in/nicolasbpierron - http://nbp.name/