[Nix-dev] Design Patterns for Achieving what Nix is Advertized for

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 20:51:09 CET 2015

On 11/27/2015 08:32 PM, joachifm at fastmail.fm wrote:
>> > https://github.com/NixOS/nix/issues/718
> A single bug report is hardly evidence of the "instability of Nix".

Note that the "issue" was raised by the one who ask this question...

Perhaps many of the properties are possible to achieve with traditional
packaging systems, but the main body of work is typically the thousands
of packages and not the packaging software itself. I don't know of any
large repository following the rules offered in this thread. On the
other hand, in nixpkgs we do have quite a nice range of packages already
(or in guix using the same nix store).

Vladimir