[Nix-dev] nixos inside lxc container on non-NixOS host

Tomas Hlavaty tom at logand.com
Wed Nov 25 22:39:03 CET 2015

Hi René,

no success so far.  It seems rather complicated and fragile; e.g. Ubuntu
14.04 LTS can't run systemd in containers so I can't use NixOS modules.
Different systems have different drawbacks but I need something robust
which works regardless.  At NixOS conference, there was a discussion
about refactoring NixOS modules out of NixOS, which might be a way to
go.  The simplest thing at the moment might be just to create nix
packages (this was originally how it was done in NixOS before modules
were implemented) and somehow start them via host init system.

Cheers,

Tomas