[Nix-dev] [RFC] Generating documentation from nixpkgs (markdown files) with pandoc (Was: Real documentation, aka "Let's kill the wiki")

Colin Putney colin at wiresong.com
Thu Nov 19 18:55:04 CET 2015

On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 9:51 AM, Domen Kožar <domen at dev.si> wrote:

> I've once experimented and ported nixpkgs manual to
> http://static.domenkozar.com/nixpkgs-manual-sphinx-exp/

Wow, that looks great! This kind of thing is much nicer than the docs
currently on the web site. With everything in one page it's hard to find,
link to and search for specific sections that have the information you
want. This solves that problem nicely.

> But there doesn't seem to be of a much interest to make documentation more
> approachable (something we did with github for code)

 Isn't this thread an expression of interest?

Colin