[Nix-dev] TexLive wiki page

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 09:55:41 CET 2015

On 11/18/2015 02:44 PM, Matthias Beyer wrote:
> So you would like to see more blog posts, more tutorials and more
> stuff like that?

I believe we actually do have a considerable amount of blog posts and
the like. The point is IMHO to review, polish them, "make official" by
putting into one of the manuals, and *maintain* them (have you ever
heard of anyone keeping a blog post up-to-date over long term?).

Yes, it's more work and perhaps less fun, I'm afraid, but it's much more
useful.

As for keeping docs "close to source", we can easily do something like a
comment in nixpkgs, so some editors could even jump easily to it
# docs are in ../../doc/my-package.xml
It could also be done the other way, i.e. we might move the files out of
doc/ closer to what they document and include them from doc/manual.xml,
but it might be more complicated to do and it would IMO require a wider
discussion.

Vladimir