[Nix-dev] [call for] Release manager for Hydra

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Wed Nov 18 12:23:30 CET 2015

Domen Kožar writes:

 > We need someone to volunteer to be a release manager. They would be
 > doing QA that the release works and make sure changelog, docs, etc
 > are updated.

Also, we need a Hydra module for NixOS so that NixOS users can set-up
Hydra easily through their configuration.nix file. Hydra provides such a
module, of course, but the fact that it's living in a separate repository
complicates matters a bit, particularly for newbies who are just getting
started and who might try out NixOS mostly because of Hydra. We cannot
expect them to mess with imports and fetchgit and channels and whatnot on
their first day.

 > Is anyone willing to step up and help the community?

Anyone who takes up this task would be doing a great service to the
community, indeed!

Best regards,
Peter