[Nix-dev] Please help me with getting the Taskserver service running

Matthias Beyer mail at beyermatthias.de
Tue Nov 17 17:31:58 CET 2015

Hi!

I'm currently working on the taskserver service for taskwarrior
synchronization[0].

I have serious problems

    a) understanding how to do things
    b) finding out how tests for services are written (where is the
       documentation on this? Lethalman on IRC told me there is none?
       We should create one!)

The problems I'm facing is mainly the fact that the taskserver wants
to create certificates and keys[1]. A follow-up problem will be the
creating of users on the taskserver.

I'm not even sure how to approach this problem:
Should the certificates be generated on service startup (only once,
of course, in the service definition)? Or should the user generate
them? Either way: How to do this properly?

The keys must be exported, so the user can put them into his dotfiles,
as taskwarrior wants the key files for synchronization.

I'm working on it in my nixpkgs clone[2], which differs from the pull
request I opened[3] on this because I rebase this branch on my
unstable channel commit, so I do not have to rebuild all the time.
Patches will be ported to the PR ASAP I get things working.

Would be nice if someone could help me here.

[0]: http://taskwarrior.org/docs/taskserver/setup.html
[1]: http://taskwarrior.org/docs/taskserver/configure.html
[2]: https://github.com/matthiasbeyer/nixpkgs/commits/try-taskserver
[3]: https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/pull/7771