[Nix-dev] [nix-dev] private NixOS modules

Nicolas Pierron nicolas.b.pierron at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 15:43:45 CET 2015

Hi Sergey,

I think you can set the NIXOS_EXTRA_MODULE_PATH [1] environment
variable to achieve that.
Otherwise, you can change your configuration.nix file to always
include your new module list, and to include your own real-config.nix

[1] https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/blob/master/nixos/lib/eval-config.nix#L30

On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 2:04 PM, Sergey Mironov <grrwlf at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi. I'd like to write a couple of NixOS modules which probably don't
> look meaningful for large audience. Normally, we keep modules in
> nixpkgs/nixos/modules directory and list them in module-list.nix file.
> In my case, I'd like to put module in a private place (which is my git
> repo which keeps nixpkgs as a Git submodule). Is it possible to
> 'include' them in the public list to make them accessible from
> per-system.nix files?
>
> As a result, I'd like to be able to write in configuration.nix
> something like the following:
>
> services.my-custom-service = {
>   enable = true;
> }
>
> without including expression for my-custom-service in the public tree.
>
> Regards,
> Sergey

Nicolas Pierron
http://www.linkedin.com/in/nicolasbpierron - http://nbp.name/