[Nix-dev] Encrypted partition via loop device, syncronization

Sergey Mironov grrwlf at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 16:17:44 CET 2015

Hi, List.

I have an idea of setting up a small encrypted partition for storing
things like passwords, wallets etc. The additional feature I want is
synchronization: I'd like to use syncthing or rsync or whatever to
synchronize the encrypted binary file with the whole partition between
several machines. Of cause, I know little about kernel behavior when
syncing data to disk. I am afraid it is non-atomic so there is a risk
of damaging partition file during synchronization. But are there any
technologies which address this issue? Did anybody solve this or
similar task?

If so, please, drop me a related reading.

Thanks in advance,
Sergey