[Nix-dev] How to configure neovim?

Rok Garbas rok at garbas.si
Tue Nov 3 13:25:17 CET 2015

Quoting Matthias Beyer (2015-11-02 16:25:29)
> I'm still having no solution here, so I'm sorry to reach out again. I
> could send you my complete vim/neovim setup, if you want (6 nix files,
> several .vim files).

Hi Matthias,

Try different approach. Build something small that works and then extend to
your full blown vim configuration.

Basically this is working

save below as default.nix

  { pkgs ? import <nixpkgs> {} }:
  pkgs.neovim.override {
    configure = {
      customRC = ''
        autocmd VimEnter * Calendar
      '';
      vam.pluginDictionaries = [
        { names = [ "calendar-vim" ]; }
      ];
    };
  }

then run ``nix-build`` and run nvim with ``./result/bin/nvim``
that should open you an calendar inside nvim which should be prove enough
that neovim + custom configuration works.

there are few ways how you can use customized package nixos configuration.

--
Rok Garbas - http://www.garbas.si