[Nix-dev] Is $NIX_OTHER_STORES still supported?

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Sun May 31 11:33:23 CEST 2015

Hi,

I've been trying to make my NixOS re-use another machine's store, but
I've had no success. I've mounted the other machine's file system as
follows:

  # mkdir /run/nix/remote-stores/other
  # sshfs -o allow_root other:/ /run/nix/remote-stores/other

The other's /nix directory is visible:

  # ls -ld $NIX_OTHER_STORES
  drwxr-xr-x 1 root root 4096 Mar 27  2014 /run/nix/remote-stores/other/nix

However, my nix-env operations never seem to access that store, even
though I know for sure that it contains the derivations I'm installing.

Is there anything else I have to do to activate this feature?

Best regards,
Peter