[Nix-dev] Haskell packages that use curses don't build

Peter Jones mlists at pmade.com
Thu May 28 23:17:05 CEST 2015

Peter Simons <simons at cryp.to> writes:

> Peter Jones writes:
>
>  > It doesn't look like any of the Haskell bindings to curses currently
>  > build.  They all give an error something like this:
>  >
>  >     Setup: Missing dependency on a foreign library:
>  >     * Missing C library: curses
>
> there errors are probably related to:
>
>   https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/issues/7810
>
> The current master branch contains a fix (5a89a87c).

I fetched master and confirmed that I pulled in that commit.  Then I
cleared out all Haskell related stuff in /nix/store via a garbage
collection.  After that I tried installing the three curses bindings
that I know about:

  nix-shell -p haskellPackages.hscurses
  * Missing C library: curses

  nix-shell -p haskellPackages.ncurses
  error: Package ‘c2hs-0.20.1’ in ‘...’ is marked as broken

  nix-shell -p haskellPackages.nanocurses
  * Missing C library: curses

Am I missing something?

--