[Nix-dev] Using R with Bioconductor

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Tue May 26 10:35:21 CEST 2015

Hi Jeffrey,

 > https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/compare/master...jefdaj:bioc-pullreq

this looks good to me. Thank you very much for figuring this out!

The only thing I'd prefer is to have packages from CRAN and Bioconductor
in two separate files so that it's possible to re-generate them
separately. Both files should be imported into one attribute set called
rPackages, though, that's clear.

 > There might be conflicts between the Bioconductor and CRAN release
 > schedules.

I don't believe there's any release schedule. People just upload new
packages to the repository whenever they've finished a new version. I
doubt that's a coordinated effort.

Best regards,
Peter