[Nix-dev] stuck with fresh install on macbook pro

Marius Bergmann marius at yeai.de
Mon May 25 13:43:58 CEST 2015

Here's the configuration I used for getting NixOS + XMonad to work on a mid-2012 MBP 13". Hope this helps!

```
{ config, pkgs, ... }:

{
 imports =
   [ # Include the results of the hardware scan.
     ./hardware-configuration.nix
   ];

 boot.initrd.kernelModules = [ "fbcon" "hid_apple" ];
 boot.initrd.luks.devices = [ { name = "system"; device = "/dev/sda4"; preLVM = true; } ];
 boot.kernelPackages = pkgs.linuxPackages_3_14;
 boot.loader.gummiboot.enable = true;
 boot.loader.gummiboot.timeout = 5;
 boot.loader.efi.canTouchEfiVariables = true;

 fonts = {
   enableFontDir = true;
   enableGhostscriptFonts = true;
   fonts = with pkgs; [
     inconsolata
   ];
 };

 nixpkgs.config.allowUnfree = true;

 networking.hostName = "nixos";
 networking.wireless.enable = true;

 i18n = {
   consoleFont = "lat9w-16";
   consoleKeyMap = "de";
   defaultLocale = "en_DK.UTF-8";
 };

 environment.systemPackages = with pkgs; [
   openssl
   vim
   wget
 ];

 powerManagement.enable = true;
 programs.zsh.enable = true;

 security.sudo.enable = true;

 services = {

   xserver = {

     autorun = true;

     desktopManager = {
       default = "none";
       xterm.enable = false;
     };

     enable = true;
     layout = "de";
     multitouch.enable = true;

     windowManager = {
       default = "xmonad";
       xmonad.enable = true;
     };

     xkbOptions = "eurosign:e";
   };

 };

 users = {

   defaultUserShell = "/run/current-system/sw/bin/zsh";

   extraUsers = {

     user = {
       name = "user";
       group = "wheel";
       uid = 1000;
       home = "/home/user";
       createHome = true;
       passwordFile = "/etc/nixos/passwords/user";
       useDefaultShell = true;
     };
   };

   mutableUsers = false;