[Nix-dev] Git branches to track nix channels

Eelco Dolstra eelco.dolstra at logicblox.com
Thu May 21 11:15:40 CEST 2015

Hi,

On 20/05/15 22:23, Nicolas Pierron wrote:

> I did that a while ago, and somebody removed them, because of the
> potential noise that such branches can caused.
> Then I pushed the script that I made to keep track of the channel versions.
>
> You can use this script in your nixpkgs working directory, run
>
> $ $(git rev-parse --show-cdup)maintainers/scripts/update-channel-branches.sh

I think it's preferrable to use standard Git mechanisms (since it doesn't
involve trying to parse http://nixos.org/channels/):

$ git remote add channels git://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs-channels.git

And then you can rebase your local branch on top of (say) the current nixos-14.12:

$ git remote update channels
$ git rebase channels/nixos-14.12

--
Eelco Dolstra | LogicBlox, Inc. | http://nixos.org/~eelco/