[Nix-dev] Stuck in xmonad with mod key not working - how to recover?

Dragan Djuric dragandj at gmail.com
Thu May 21 01:27:59 CEST 2015

I am trying NixOS, and have a problem with fairly basic configuration.
Basically, I experimented with xkboptions in configuration.nix, and lost
the xmonad mod key when I tried to switch alt and win keys.

Now, every time I boot, I am offered none+xmonad session, as I configured
that intentionally. But, when I log in, I am stuck. Since mod is not
working, I cannot quit xmonad to console, I cannot open terminal to try to
recover...

I would know how to recover if I had a way to reach terminal, but I do not
know how to do that. Is there some way to avoid entering xmonad on login
(which is the default) and to just drop into the terminal without X?